Re: RARA-AVIS: Block's different series protags meeting

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 02 Nov 2007

Ed asked:

"Hasn't this meeting of different series main characters been done in the past?"

James Crumley's two series PIs, Shugrue and Milodragovitch, unofficially met in one book (Mexican Tree Duck?), with the older detective working as a bartender and giving advice but never being named. However, they went on to costar in another book. I'm blanking on the title, was it Border Snakes?

I'm sure there are other single author crossovers, but I can't think of any right now. Do any of Max Allan Collins's characters cross over between series?

As for crossovers between authors, Gores and Westlake and Gores and Stark have shared brief crossover scenes. Rob Kantner's Ben Perkins mentioned fellow Detroit PI Amos Walker in a book. And then there are collaborations: two or three Nameless Detective collaborations, Stephen Marlowe and Richard Prather, etc.

Mark