Re: RARA-AVIS: The definition of literature

From: William Ahearn ( williamahearn@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Nov 2007

--- Michael Robison < miker_zspider@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The idea that my usage is dismissive is correct in
> as
> much as calling Einstein a genius is being
> dismissive
> of other people.

Yes. I could do scads and scats on that -- including the unfinished and maybe delusional unified field theory of physics -- but why is it when something is praised, something else is thought to suffer? Graham Greene liked to divide his work as serious and entertainments. Nothing derisive in that. Everything isn't equal. Not in my world. If different things are unequal for someone else, well that's the way quark leaps . . .

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>