Re: RARA-AVIS: Lawrence Block as Paul Kavanagh

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Nov 2007

--- DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net wrote:
> Paul Kavanagh is not listed as a pseudonym in the Library of
> Congress Card Catalog's entry for Such Men Are Dangerous: A
> Novel of Violence. Indeed, the first printings of the book,
> both its 1969 hardback and its 1970 paperback reprinting keep
> up the illusion with the following prefaces (which don't seem
> to be in later reprints)

Thanks for this clarification, Mark. The edition I read of SUCH MEN ARE DANGEROUS didn't include this preface but just Block's byline. I finished Westlake's THE AXE, and both narrators use a quiet, insistent, and eerie tone. Of course, Burke Devore wants to work at his old profession while Paul Kavanagh just wants to drop out.

Ed

Ed