Re: RARA-AVIS: Lawrence Block & Pulp Erotica

From: Robert Elkin ( rictusaporia@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Nov 2007

I'll add, as well: We've also got Block writing under the bylines "Sheldon Lord," "Andrew Shaw" & a few others for Hamling's Greenleaf in Illinois & San Diego, & for Harry Shorten's Midwood line in NYC (not all by these bylines are Block, of course). The two were a couple of major pulp erotica houses in the years following the collapse of the national pulp magazine markets. Lots of books by Block, Westlake (a few together, as well), Evan Hunter, Robert Silverberg, & many others. Including Greenleaf editor Harlan Ellison. (But alas, as far as I know, not Connie Willis.)