RARA-AVIS: Re: Macdonald versus Spillane: Daddy Figures

From: killerjoe27 ( killerjoe27@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Oct 2007

I once read an interview with singer-songwriter Warren Zevon, in which he made it clear that his interest in MacDonald's novels had its origins in some kind of imagined father-son relationship. Zevon idolized MacDonald and actually met him during an extremely troubled time in his (Zevon's) life.

Jack