Re:Fw: RARA-AVIS: Re: Mickey Spillane

From: hardcasecrime ( editor@hardcasecrime.com)
Date: 30 Oct 2007

> Dick, there are at least three more original
> Spillanes due out from Otto Penzler's Harcourt
> imprint.
>
> Al

That's correct, and I'm dying to read them -- but those will be credited jointly to Mickey Spillane and Max Allan Collins, since Max is doing more extensive original writing to complete them.

There is also one other (short) novel that Mickey completed entirely on his own -- THE LAST STAND -- which I have edited, but which no one is scheduled to publish yet. It's not a crime novel...more a men's adventure novel, really.

So DEAD STREET may well be the last new crime novel ever to appear under Spillane's solo byline.

--Charles