Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Mickey Spillane

From: Robert Elkin ( rictusaporia@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Oct 2007

Patrick King wrote: On the other hand, does anyone here over the age of 30 still think that Spillane's books are well-written or good reads? Can you actually read I, THE JURY or MY GUN IS QUICK all the way through and feel satisfied?

While I'm twisting your question a bit, MY GUN IS QUICK is a beautiful satire (whether MS intended it to be so is another thing). The second, unpublished half of the title, I believe, is (BUT NOT MY MIND). I base this, obviously, on the use of the fleur-de-lis as plot touchstone, & MH's inability to correlate obvious facts. Rob