RARA-AVIS: Screwing up

From: Rick Ollerman ( ollerman@hotmail.com)
Date: 29 Oct 2007

I think I've inadvertantly screwed up and I apologize. As a regular reader and sometime participant on Harlan Ellison's board, a place where people regularly mention places they've come across Harlan's name or his work, I mentioned that he was being mentioned over here. I think that since he is occasionally attacked on other websites, concern was expressed.

As I said, I put myself in the middle by conveying the news, and Harlan himself made this request:

-------------------------------------------- Would you kindly go to "rara avis" -- a Latin phrase that goes way way back before Hammett used it -- and tell Richard Moore thank you for the kind words, and advise him that no matter what he THINKS he saw in the video...

I DID NOT... I HAVE NEVER... EVER... GROPED CONNIE WILLIS'S TIT.

I need no foregiveness, because it didn't happen.

Similarly, despite how many times it's repeated, or how widely believed, I never threw a fan down an elevator shaft, I never dropped a chandelier on a ballroom full of meet-&-greets, no "big blonde" in an elevator ever called me "little fuck," and

I DID NOT EVER TOUCH CONNIE WILLIS'S TIT.

And I'm pretty fuckin' tired of hearing it over and over.

Please pass that along, verbatim, if you will be so kind.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone--Mr. Moore included--would like to read an accurate refutation of the sillyass Willis-tit canard, they can find it in a recent edition of THE FREE PAPER, published in Cleveland. With photo.

Yr. Pal, Harlan
------------------------------------------------------ For my part, I am very sorry I communicated anything to anyone and would dearly like to pass away lonely and forgotten.