RARA-AVIS: Ross Macdonald

From: Bill Crider ( macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 28 Oct 2007

William said, " I was just reading The Chill by Macdonald and I'm not going to bother to finish it. It's really boring."

When I discovered Ross Macdonald in the early '60s, I couldn't read his books fast enough. I stayed up into the wee hours finishing some of them, including THE CHILL, probably my favorite among his books. I vaguely remember someone (Boucher?) saying that Macdonald's plots were "like a fishhook in the mind." That's the way they worked for me. Obviously not for others.

Bill Crider