RARA-AVIS: Deadline at Dawn

From: Vince Keenan ( vpkeenan@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Oct 2007

A viewing tip that might be of interest to those assembled. Turner Classic Movies will be showing 1946's Deadline at Dawn this Tuesday, October 30, at 11:45 PM Eastern. I caught it at Eddie Muller's Noir City festival earlier this year, and Megan Abbott wrote an appreciation of it in the Film Noir Foundation's latest newsletter. Trust me when I say it's one of the damnedest movies you'll ever see. Clifford Odets adapting Cornell Woolrich for Harold Clurman, founder of the Group Theater directing his only film. If you've ever wondered what a noir written by Barton Fink would be like, set that DVR.

http://www.VinceKeenan.com Pop culture, past and present, high and low. One day at a time.