RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Mickey Spillane

From: Alan K. Rode ( arode@socal.rr.com)
Date: 28 Oct 2007

Miker,

Headed out the door, but would love a link to Rand's take on the Mickster if you have it.

More Spillane;

 "Y'know my favorite Hollywood actor who I got to know? Basil Rathbone. Absolutely an authentic guy."

Mickey was full of surprises.

Alan

Alan K. Rode

www.alanrode.com

  _____

From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Robison Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 1:36 PM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Mickey Spillane

Alan K. Rode wrote:

One can certainly debate the quality of Spillane's writing, then and now, but his success is unassailable.

***************** Great comments, Alan. Thank you for sharing. I don't think it's been mentioned this go-around but Ayn Rand was a big fan of Spillane and has written an interesting essay on his writing.

miker