RARA-AVIS: Re: Leigh Brackett and Edmond Hamilton

From: Scott Cupp ( scottcupp@earthlink.net)
Date: 27 Oct 2007

Richard Moore wrote:

Thanks Scott! I will order a copy. Haffner also published the Leigh Brackett collection MARTIAN QUEST which had the Michael Moorcock introduction that I quoted in an earlier post. Now that I think of it and have a Texan to ask, is Moorcock still living in Bastrop, Texas?

I didn't know you were on this list. I'm enjoying the anthology you edited with Joe Lansdale CROSS PLAINS UNIVERSE, a celebration by Texans of Robert E. Howard.

Richard Moore

Richard -

I just read and lurk out here. I find many of the discussions fascinating.

To answer your question, Mike spends his time each year divided between Texas, Paris, and Majorca as well as any other place he feels like. I exchanged an email the othr day with him regarding CROSS PLAINS UNIVERSE and he was still in Paris though he expects to be back in Texas in November.

Thanks for the kind words regarding CROSS PLAINS UNIVERSE. It is up for the World Fantasy Award for Best Anthology and I will be there to see Joe and I lose again. Joe is also up in the same category for RETRO PULP TALES.

Scott Cupp scottcupp@earthlink.net Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.