Re: RARA-AVIS: HB/Noir Parodies

From: sandbagger1969 ( bookgasmbruce@comcast.net)
Date: 27 Oct 2007

> Brick was hysterical. It's really, really good. Kiss
> Kiss is worth seeing and fun but Brick broke me up. I
> thought it was really smart and well done.

Gee I loved Brick and sure they are putting the noir style into a very unconventional setting. But I don't think they were going for laughs the whole time. Also Kiss Kiss was a great tribute to the Mike Shayne books. Having read the book that they based the film on you see they pretty much split up the Shayne character into the two leads.

Bruce