Re: RARA-AVIS: Mickey Spillane

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Oct 2007

Patrick King wrote:

To my mind, Mickey Spillane is not for adult consumption.

****************** His I, The Jury became a world record bestselling novel. I just mentioned that a few days ago but I figure it's worth repeating. So whether we like him or not, his writing stands as a major American phenomenon. It is possible that his work will lose its original appeal and become nothing more than period pieces. Nevertheless, in the time that he wrote, he struck a powerful chord with his audience.

miker