RARA-AVIS: Re: Leigh Brackett/Edmond Hamilton

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 27 Oct 2007

Thanks Scott! I will order a copy. Haffner also published the Leigh Brackett collection MARTIAN QUEST which had the Michael Moorcock introduction that I quoted in an earlier post. Now that I think of it and have a Texan to ask, is Moorcock still living in Bastrop, Texas?

I didn't know you were on this list. I'm enjoying the anthology you edited with Joe Lansdale CROSS PLAINS UNIVERSE, a celebration by Texans of Robert E. Howard.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Cupp" <scottcupp@...> wrote:

> Richard Moore wrote:
>
> Leigh Brackett and her husband Edmond Hamilton were not known for
> collaborations although near the end of their lives they did
> collaborate for a story in Harlan Ellison's LAST DANGEROUS
VISIONS, an
> anthology that never appeared. I understand the collaboration has
> since been published but I have yet to find and read it.
>
> Richard -
>
> The Leigh Brackett and Edmond Hamilton collaboration was published
in 2006 (I believe) as STARK AND THE STAR KINGS in a volume of the same title by Haffner Press which has issued those great Jack Williamson and Edmond Hamilton volumes. I read it and found it to be quite palatable.