Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir Sci-fi

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Oct 2007

Peter wrote:

Short of that, while not necessarily "noir," quite easily the best Sci-Fi book I've read in the last 10 or so years has to be "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson and for that matter, he's a writer who has yet to pen a dud yet...

************ Stephenson is tremendously popular. I am sorry to say that I couldn't get through Snow Crash. I made it to the flotilla part and couldn't get past it. I had a similar experience with Dhalgren. Both unusual for me. Rarely do I start a book and not finish it.

miker