Re: RARA-AVIS: Terrorism, The Death Penelty, What's next politics, Religion?

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 26 Oct 2007

At 11:10 PM 25/10/2007, Jack wrote:

>The subject tells it all.

Too late Jack! When we said that hardboil and noir struck a chord with war weary vets who'd become disillusioned with civilization's institutions failure to prevent the horrors of modern technological warfare, wasn't religion one of those institutions? I know when I describe noir as non-transcendent, I mean in religious sense, and other ways. I know you don't agree with me on that, but it strikes me as something akin to religious bigotry if I am no longer allowed to make my case on this list.

And I know we've talked about power and its corruption as a major theme in hardboil and noir. Seriously, how could we avoid it? If that ain't politics, then neither is this topic.

Kerry, who's learning that just because we read sex and violence doesn't make us tough guys.

------------------------------------------------------ The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com