Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir Sci-fi

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 26 Oct 2007

By the way, there's also a pretty recent movie (and tie in graphic novel) of A Scanner Darkly. I certainly wouldn't watch it before reading the book, but it's worth seeing afterwards. I'm not saying the book is great, in fact I'm guessing parts of it would not have made sense if I hadn't recently reread the novel, but it is interesting the see how Linklater captured the druggy vision of the characters (and author) through his odd rotoscopish animation.

Mark