RARA-AVIS: Terrorists/Revolutionaries

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 25 Oct 2007

One novel that I recall successfully put the reader into the POV of a terrorist or revolutionary was Liam O'Flaherty's THE ASSASSIN
(Harcourt 1928). When I read it some years ago I felt it gave me a better understanding of the mind of a terrorist. The novel also has one of the more honest of dedications: To My Creditors.

O'Flaherty has always been a favorite of mine. John Ford's film "The Informer" was a classic but it began with the fine novel of that name by O'Flaherty, who also worked on the screenplay with Dudley Nichols.

Richard Moore