Re: RARA-AVIS: The moral implication of killing

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Oct 2007

--- DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net wrote:
> miker wrote:
>
> "Literature raises these questions. They should be open to
> discussion."
>
> But on this forum, at least, they should be related to the
> literature (as you did with your examples, Huck Finn and One >
Flew). This discussion of the death penalty totally lost its > grounding in literature a long time ago.

Maybe the moral implications of killing can be discussed in Lawrence Block's Keller hit man series during the Block-themed month. I haven't read the Keller books, but I did recently enjoy reading Such Men Are Dangerous. I wonder if it was warm-up act to his writing the Keller books.

Ed