RARA-AVIS: Robbe-Grillet

From: Jack Bludis ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Oct 2007

I read one book by Alain Robbe-Grillet when I was in college. I still remember some of the images. A cigarette pack un-crumbling in the water, a tile floor with blood, a man peddling frantically to catch a ferry before it leaves an island, and (this is a presumption) a murder having been committed. I think he's trying to get off the island before the body is discovered.

I was entranced. I think I began to read the one about the plantation and either quit on it, or skimmed it so fast that it made no sense.

Jack

http://crimespace.ning.com/profile/JackBludis http://jackbludis.com/ Recent Story at http://backalleywebzine.com/