Re: RARA-AVIS: Gores - DKA & Hammett

From: Stewart Wilson ( stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 22 Oct 2007

The DKA characters develop between stories as you' ld expect, but the tone of the novels changes dramatically between the first three ('72, '73, '78), and the last three ('92, '96 & '01). The first three are serious whereas the last three are humorous. I would recommend reading both sets in internal order, but you can read the two sets in either order, so you are okay with 32 Cadillacs ('92).

HAMMET is the first Gores I read, and I remember very much enjoying it, but in retrospect, it is probably my least-liked novel of his. Maybe I need to reread it.

Cheers,
--Stewart

--
Stewart Wilson