Re: RARA-AVIS: Blonde Lightning

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 15 Oct 2007

Thanks for mentioning Lankford's novel. I had been looking for something completely off my radar to read, because I've been in kind of a rut lately, reading the same authors over and over, and this seemed to be just what the doctor ordered. I checked Earthquake Weather and Blonde Lightning out of the library this weekend. I've finished EW, and I thought it was quite good. Both the setting and characters reminded me of Robert Ferrigno, although Ferrigno tends to use burnt out journalists as opposed to burnt out movie types (although there was that one where Ferrigno had a character similar to McCoy who got killed, can't remember what it was off the top of my head.) Anyway, I'm about to start Blonde Lightning and I have high hopes.