Re: RARA-AVIS: Short and cheap

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 14 Oct 2007

Hard Case Crime books are in every book store in Austin. Even used book stores.My local Borders usually keeps about 20 different titles at any given time and yesterday I saw a copy of Bust in a local Half-Price Books. In fact, one bookstore here, Book People, carries every HCC title. I've even seen HCC books in those trade-in places that seem to specialize in romance and mysteries where they stack mass market PBs on their side.

But I guess Austin is not a typical market. It's a hard-drinking, hardboiled town where all the dames have tattoos and cigarettes dangling from their pouting ruby red lips.

Jeff