Re: RARA-AVIS: Short and cheap

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Oct 2007

In fairness, though, Charles, how do you market Hard Case Crimes? I live in northern Massachusetts and buy all my Hard Case books through Amazon. They're simply not available in stores. I've never seen them in a book store in this neck of the woods. If you put them in wire, rotating racks in stores where comics and magazines are sold, in bus stations and airports, etc; if you put them around like the old Dell Paperbacks, and Gold Medal, and Ace, and Pyramid, you'd sell a lot more copies. Right now, you have no impulse market, at least where I live. Maybe they're all over New York City, but in the burbs, if you don't already know about Hard Case Crime, you're not likely to learn about these books.

Patrick King

=== message truncated ===

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Yahoo! Autos. http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html