Re: RARA-AVIS: Whatever happened to rye?

From: david david ( davividavid@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Oct 2007

What's that bar Vince? When I visit NY in the coming Spring I may want to try some of those borough drinks. As for the Brooklyn Cocktail: VYA makes the only great artisan vermouth I have found on the west coast.
 It makes all the difference since most of those 5 dollar vermouths are almost undrinkable. It's the secret that makes my friends say I make the best Martini they've ever had. Also, I could wax for hours on the difference between those fake flourescent mutant "cherries" and real maraschinos. My advice is to make your own: buy a bottle of Luxardo Maraschino liqueur and soak some sour cherries in it.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7