Re: RARA-AVIS: Blonde Lightning

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 12 Oct 2007

John wrote:

"so I had been happily reading a few chapters of Ken Bruen's The Guards every evening before turning in, enjoying the man's liquid prose style, when I made the big mistake of cracking open Terrill Lankford's Blonde Lightning and proceeded to lose two work days . . .
"I have to cop to the fact that Sunset Blvd is my favorite movie of all time and I identify with Joe Gillis the washed up screenwriter/gigolo to a pathetic degree."

I've already praised Blonde Lightning here (and Earthquake Weather before it, and his Shooters and Angry Moon for that matter).

I just wanted to point out to John that if he likes Bruen and Sunset Boulevard, he should read London Boulevard, Bruen's standalone, contemporary British theater (guess that should be theatre) version of Sunset.

Mark