RARA-AVIS: Whatever Happened To Rye

From: T. Kent Morgan ( tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 11 Oct 2007

Plenty of different brands of rye on the shelves here in Canada. Rye and water or rye and ginger ale used to be the most popular drinks of my parents' crowd in northern Manitoba during the winter. Once I was old enough to enjoy a cocktail, my drink of choice was rye and ginger. These days I'm not in bars often enough to know what people are drinking. I always have a bottle of rye in my home bar just in case, but can't remember the last time I had to buy a bottle or had a rye myself.

Kent Morgan