Re: RARA-AVIS: Cain

From: Seth Harwood ( sethharw@sethharwood.com)
Date: 09 Oct 2007

I can relate to this, Jordan. I had a really hard time sitting through the first Postman movie, and kind of cringed my way through the ending. The second, with Nicholson, was better, but not much.

Then I read Double Indemnity and had to hand it to Cain for the twists he came up with, but the whole time I was wondering if every book he writes is about a guy helping an attractive woman kill her husband?

Then I read Block's MONA or "Grifter's Game" a la Hard Case Crime, and I realized THAT is how you do a kill-the-husband book. Plus I like Block better because not all his books fall into that plotline. There's got to be something else Cain wrote where that doesn't happen, right?

Seth