Re: RARA-AVIS: The Conversation

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 09 Oct 2007

I would never characterise Powells film as ³twisted²...the film itself
(since this is the subject of the discussion) is an excellent piece of filmaking, one of the major ones of that era in fact... The ³twisted² comment may apply to the subject matter (although in a crime story discussion group...I wouldn¹t even know what Œtwisted¹ might cover, encompass, refer to...etc...), but positively not for the filmaker...Because if you use it there, what are you going to use for Guy Maddin or Harmony Korine films/subjects, as starters...???...or for Losey¹s The Servant for example...

Montois