Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Willeford as god of noir

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 09 Oct 2007

Charlie wrote that his other two top three (along with Willeford) are:

"Jim Thompson and Thomas Hardy. Always open to new candidates though!"

Was this Thomas guy one of the Hardy Boys?

"I'd be interested to hear who your (and others' here) top 3 are. Interesting from a genre POV."

Gut response, which is usually best in this kind of thing, I'd go with Chandler and Hammett as top 2 with a floating third. Some days Richard Stark, other days Goodis, some days Bruen. Once would have been Ross Macdonald. Willeford would probably be top 5 for me.

Mark