RARA-AVIS: Willeford; Miker's suggestions

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 09 Oct 2007

The book with which Willeford's first novel was paired with was something by Talbot Mundy - exotic thirties' style pulp adventure. It's an eccentric choice, but I don't think it was premeditated.

***

Miker's suggestions for coming themes are good, but I can see what kind of heated discussions they could lead us to. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. But I'd like to see some good discussion on pre-Daly/Hammett hardboiled stuff. It's just that everything's not handy, for example Gordon Young's Everhard stories.

Juri