Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Westlake

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 08 Oct 2007

Jordan asked:

"I wonder how much his Adios Scheherezade (which has a true title of Adios, Motherf*cker) is based on his own experience. It's an introspective book about a guy who writes formulaic porn books."

I saw Westlake interviewed (by Michael Dirda) at the Smithsonian several years ago. He said it was indeed based on his real experience with
"euphemism books," as he called them (since, at the time he was writing them in the early '60s, you couldn't come right out and say what you meant).

Mark