Re: RARA-AVIS: Willeford as god of noir

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 08 Oct 2007

> So as not to waste a whole post on self-chastisement, I'll add that
> GRIMHAVEN is possibly the best thing he wrote. I've never read
> anything so harrowing and yet so casually told. Don't take this the
> wrong way, but it reminded me a lot of AMERICAN PSYCHO. Think about
> it.

reading what Willeford intended for what would become a series character and the character's family certainly puts an ironic spin on New Hope For The Dead, the book that actually became the sequel to Miami Blues instead of Grimhaven

I don't know if the book is his best, but it is certainly my favorite. dark as an Alaskan winter

John Lau