RARA-AVIS: Re: Willeford as god of noir

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 08 Oct 2007

Willford was fearless, rampantly intelligent and 100% his own writer. There is not one of his books I didn't love, although I find COCKFIGHTER gets undue attention for what it is. THE DIFFERENCE in particular warrants a mention, since it gets bashed occasionally. No matter what else I found in that book (and you always do with Willeford books), I enjoyed the hell out of reading it. The thing about Willeford, besides everything else he knows how to entertain. The fact that he did just that across such a diverse range of novels (and other writings) puts him right up there. Definitely one of the top three best authors I've ever read in any genre.

Charlie Williams

---------- charliewilliams.net