Re: RARA-AVIS: Florida mystery writers [was Re:Suggestions for monthly topics requested]

From: Don Lee ( donthepoet@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Oct 2007

I would like to request please that someone start by talking about Charles Willeford. I am just now getting into him--I've read WILD WIVES, COCKFIGHTER, PICK-UP, and I have a copy of SIDESWIPE that I haven't started yet. He seems much better than average to me. I really liked a quote in the Wikipedia entry on Willeford where someone named Steve Erickson says that Willeford's novels are "the genre's equivalent to the best of the science fiction novels of Philip K. Dick." Being a huge PKD fan and having read all the novels, that quote caught my eye.

thanks, Don

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7