RARA-AVIS: Courtesy

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 04 Oct 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Patrick King <abrasax93@...> wrote:

> --- Chuck <chuckelp@...> wrote:
> I couldn't get past the first 5 pages of Thin
> > Man -- every body
> > had to have a drink in their hand. Dumb.
>
> But that's how it was during the roaring twenties.
> That's the point of the book. If you don't understand
> the history of the story, of course you're not going
> to get it. It's not the book that's dumb.

I don't think the slap of your last sentence was deserved here and we are becoming more than a little uncivil in our discouse. If you had made the comment to me, I would be more forgiving as I have been a bit sharp with you in the past. For that I apologize and for any other over-the-top comments I've made.

We need to exercise more courtesy and respect as we disagree and I am talking to myself as well as sending it out to the list as a whole.

Richard Moore

today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7