Re: RARA-AVIS: The Gun Seller

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 03 Oct 2007

Stephen Fry, whose name is often mentioned in the same breath as Hugh Laurie's, has written a number of books. The Stars' Tennis Balls was very dark, although very funny (as usual). It's kind of a spy thriller, kind of a murder mystery. In a pinch, I would call it noir.But please don't haul me up before the court to defend the category or my definition.

Apparently it's a rewrite of The Count of Monte Cristo, which someone on the list once called proto-HB (and which I should read one of these days).

Karin