RE: RARA-AVIS: Hammett's Op

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Oct 2007

Brandt Dodson wrote:

If a professional is one who operates with NO personal involvement, then yes, the Op is not a professional. But I tend to agree with Mario on this one. The Op may have crossed the line, but doesn't that make him human? A more appealing character? Less professional as a result?

************** In Red Harvest the Op is working a job for about 10 pages. After that it's all personal. He is decidedly not a professional beyond this point. The job is over. It might also be worth noting that he purposely obscures the situation to his boss so that he can pursue a personal thing.

Whether this makes him human or a more appealing character or whether he was right or wrong might be worth discussing, but it is mute to my point about his professionalism.

miker

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Yahoo! Autos. http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html