Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: James M. Cain

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 01 Oct 2007

Dave- up here on the frozen tundra we have something called an annual, 24 hour book-writing competition.

Of course most participants have usually thought long and hard about what they're going to write before they enter, and the winning entries are edited and probably re-written before they're published, but they get the disciplined, sometimes difficult, pounding-on-the-keyboard part done in one mad rush. It's one of many techniques for writing, and it's interesting Thompson did something like it. However, I don't think it means, though it certainly may suggest, a lack of contemplation.

Best, Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com