Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir series

Date: 13 Sep 2007

> Excellent question. A saga sure could if it had an
> end. But an on-going series with no real end, I don't
> see it but then there might be a way to do it. Can't
> think of one that's for sure . . .
> Aren't there a few movies made from Chandler's work
> that are considered noir?
HBO's ongoing series The Wire can be considered noir in its gritty depiction of a dysfunctional and corrupt social system which is inherently unfixable, and how that system affects the lives of those who live in it

the series will be concluding after this upcoming season. I am certain that Baltimore will not have been transformed into Utopia when the final credits roll

John Lau

 See what's new at