Re: RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos on dogfighting in the New Republic

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 31 Aug 2007

And this occitan (southwestern france native) would like to know if, beyond dogfighting, rara-avians know about links between crime/noir writing and bullfighting...books, films, people, events...remember please that there are two different kinds of bullfights: spanish and portuguese and that latin american writers might be involved since there are many of those Œevents¹
(what a terrible word) in Mexico...etc...for years...and in fact I¹m very curious to know if any crime/noir story came out of the ³Llanto por la Muerte de Ingacio Sanchez Merias² from Garcia Lorca...or the life story of some bullfighters (positively Œnasty¹ material sometimes)...

Montois Cinefrog@comcast.net

Steve Novak Cinefrog@comcast.net