RARA-AVIS: Hannibal Lecter

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Aug 2007

Ed Lynskey wrote:

I believe the character was Buffalo Bill, wasn't it? He now plays the police captain on the Monk TV detective series (but has a mustache).

************* Yes it was! Good to hear that there is a TV detective series on. I haven't seen it yet. Except for the occasional old movie, the daughter and wife command the TV. Speaking of TV (and off-topic), I started watching the Mad Men series that was mentioned here a while back and I like it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Back on topic, I sat for about an hour a few months back reading Hannibal Rising at Borders. I'm a slow reader and that didn't get me too far in, but far enough to know I wasn't interested in reading further.
 Sad. I thought Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon were great. I saw the Hannibal Rising movie recently and was disappointed by the rest of the story. It reminded me of Mario's comment that too many short story plots are being padded out into novels. The movie reminded me of a bad joke. The whole purpose was for a punch line that wasn't worth hearing.

miker

____________________________________________________________________________________Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/