Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Ross Macdonald vs. Elmore Leonard

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 23 Aug 2007

John wrote:

"I think you stopped [reading Leonard] at exactly the right time [with Rum Punch].

I haven't regreted stopping. In fact, I only read Rum Punch because I knew I'd see Jackie Brown when it hit the theaters and generally prefer to read the book before seeing a movie if I think there's any chance at all that I might want to read the book. I bought another Leonard or two
(used, cheap) after that, but never read them. I do want to go back and read Moonshine War, the only one of his early crime novels I have not read, and maybe a western. Mark