RARA-AVIS: Re: Ross Macdonald vs. Elmore Leonard

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2007

I added "original" because, for example, Ross Macdonald has had followers who could be said to improve on his type of book, notably Joseph Hansen and Stephen Greenleaf. But Macdonald came first and his work may well outlive the work of the others, excellent as they are.

Another original is Constantine, but I don't know if I would place him in the most distinguished echelon, though I value his work greatly.

Best,

mrt