RE: RARA-AVIS: JK Rowling and Mrs Rankin

From: Susan Evans Shaw ( susan@nas.net)
Date: 21 Aug 2007

Today's Globe and Mail has a brief article to the effect that Rankin's comment about J.K. Rowling was merely intended as a joke and there is no truth in his wife's so-called spotting of Rowling writing in an Edinburgh caf鮊
  Susan

-----Original Message----- From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net Sent: August 20, 2007 11:55 AM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: JK Rowling and Mrs Rankin
  Today's Names & Faces column in the Washington Post had this quote from Ian Rankin: "My wife spotted her [JK Rowling] writing her Edinburgh criminal detective novel. . . . It is great that she has not abandoned writing or Edinburgh cafes."

Rowling: "I'll do exactly what I did with Harry -- I'll write what I really want to write."

So it seems the Spillane homage in hte last Harry Potter that someone here noted was a preview of things to come.

Mark