Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: THE ARCHER FILES, Tom Nolan Ed.

From: Stephen Burridge ( stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 20 Aug 2007

I recently read the Tom Nolan biography of Macdonald and found it fascinating. I've since read "Find a Victim" (1955) and "Sleeping Beauty"
(1973). "Sleeping Beauty" had a very '70s feel and "Find a Victim" had some odd, jarring fight scenes, but both I thought were interesting and highly readable, though quite different, from different phases of his career. I found the plots complicated but satisfying. I also picked up a used copy of
"The Barbarous Coast" and the brand new re-release of "The Way Some People Die", which I'll read soon. I'd read a few of his books years ago but found the recurring emphases on what happened in the family 20 years ago irritatingly repetitive. Now I think I'm past that issue.