RARA-AVIS: FRAMED BY GUILT by Day Keene

From: e_lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Aug 2007

I finished reading Day Keene's FRAMED BY GULT first published in 1949 at William Morrow, and available as a reprint from Stark House. The setting is Hollywood after the Second World War. Bob Stanton is a movie script writer accused of murdering an English lady. The twist Keene drops in is Stanton on the fateful night was out on a rare binger, and can't remember what he did. I liked the quippy dialogue, wry wit, and noirish setting. Keene's prose is clean and accessible. I was impressed enough to line up more of Keene's work, so he easily passes the readers' litmus test.

EL