Re: RARA-AVIS: Types of noir (was Re: Pop. 1280)

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jul 2007

Mark wrote:

I don't really see psycho in terms of rational/irrational planning, either.

*********** OK. I'm onboard with that. You sorta tricked me when we were talking about Nick being a psycho and you brought up the rational thing.

The whole psycho thing is hard to put a finger on. It's about as elusive as a good noir definition. You mention the moral aspect and the end justifying the means as a possible indication of craziness (you didn't exactly say that, but I'm twisting your words to fit my need), but as much as it is denigrated, the end-justifying-the-means stands fairly solid in the school of ethics. We've also established that people can do some pretty nasty stuff without being crazy. I'm not arguing here. Just rolling it all around.

miker

____________________________________________________________________________________ Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel. http://travel.yahoo.com/