RARA-AVIS: Re: NYC Noir (LONG)

From: Steve Lewis ( stevelewis62@cox.net)
Date: 27 Jul 2007

What's more, The Window is paired with Deadline At Dawn, one of the damnedest movies I've ever seen. It's a Cornell Woolrich adaptation scripted by Clifford Odets and directed by Harold Clurman, founder of the Group Theater. It's a movie that really has that Barton Fink feeling, with working class characters stopping to philosophize at the drop of a hat. It's terrible, but in a greatly enjoyable way. Vince Keenan My favorite movie of all time, for all of the reasons you say.

                      Best

                          Steve